The most common shipborne radar Pozitiv-ME is designed to be installed on modern small- and medium-displacement warships. It is designed to search, detect, accompany surface and air targets, displaying data in 3D format. This equipment is able to be part of a multifunctional electronic complex.
The team of specialists of our company, “Defence Technology” LLC, offers services in the repair and modernization of Pozitiv-ME active radars in Ukraine. Having our own base, modern equipment and highly qualified staff, we can guarantee you the effective, accurate and timeous performance of your order. We are also open for any cooperation offers, answering well-timed all your questions and suggestions. To contact us, please use the convenient form of communication: telephone, email address, online chat.
Main tactical and technical characteristics of Positive-ME radar
- Operating frequencies band: 3 cm;
- Target coordinates determined simultaneously: elevation, range, bearing;
- Antenna capabilities: flat phased array, multi-path, rotation period – 1s, 2s, 5s;
- Coverage area:
- Range: 80 km;
- Altitude: 20 km;
- Angle: 85º;
- Azimuth: 360º;
- Target detection range:
- Air object: ESR > 1 m2 (flight altitude 1000 m): 50 km;
- ASM: EPR> 0.03 m2 (15 m): 13-15 km;
- Water surface: EPR = 10,000 m2 (from the horizon distance): 0.9-0.95 km;
- Minimum target range: 1000 m;
- Lock on-to-designate reaction time: 2–5 s;
- Number of simultaneously tracked targets: 50;
- Number of consumers: <16;
- Operating modes: semi-automatic, automatic;
- Deployment time:
- Into-action: 3 minutes;
- With warmed-up transmitter: 2 min;
- Continuous operation time: 24 h;
- Power consumption: 380 V, 50 Hz/32 kW;
- Antenna post: 1350 kg;
- Interior equipment: 1400 kg.
The development of this radar station was completed by 2000. It was presented by “Kvant-Radar” Radiation Systems Research Institute. In 2008, these series of radars were the main products of the Research Institute “Kvant-Radar” Systems. There are two types in this series: Positive МE and МE 1.2. The newest second one became a reduced weight and dimensional characteristics.
Pozitiv-ME radar serves for the following tasks:
- To highlight the sea situation in the air/surface area;
- To search, detect and track air or water surface target;
- To detect, track the target in given sector and optimize the operation in case of interference;
- To identify the state the target belongs to, according to “friend-or-foe” principle (FFI) and with help of identification technology and built-in antennas;
- To determine target coordinates and motion parameters;
- To classify tracking targets by trajectory data;
- To evaluate possible threats and risks;
- To distribute targets and display a plan with the permissibility of its correction in online mode;
- To issue data on the identified target to coordinating and cooperating ship systems;
- To manage troubles and control operability, with the help of an automatic mode;
- To prepare reports of processed data for making solutions and interface the status of coordinated systems;
- To train personnel.
Thanks to use the high-speed antenna rotation, Pozitiv-ME radar shows a fast reaction under consideration, together with electronic determination of the elevation angle, its own identifying modes, high tracking capacities and target determination accuracy.